Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's Sunday Again,

This morning, Father,
I awoke, but knowing that we had no coffee I just went to the corner supermarket and purchased some coffee.  In addition, I purchased Amaretto cream; which i walked all the way over to the milk section thinking that I would find coffee mixes there.  Wrong.  They were on the same isle as the coffees!
It's still pretty quiet when I get up in the morning, so I am most relaxed, getting the body moving very slowly, and the same with the gray matter in my head, just moving slowly. 
I can hear the nuts hit the ground this morning, since there is a walnut tree right outside my back yard.
Last week, Friday, I paid for someone to take down the two trees in my life than have shaded our house for more than 12 (twelve) years.  The evergreen use to house woodpeckers, but i think when the new beetle moved in, the woodpeckers left, and i don't hear them any more.
The tree stood the tallest in the front yard, and every time you gazed upon it, you could feel the majesty.  You could tell that there was something grand there.

I'll miss you evergreen of the front yard.  And the little poor looking crab apple tree.  Who plants a fruit bearing tree in the front yard?  There was a peach tree out there right in front of the curb; you can just imagine what happened to it when the fruit fell to the street below it, and the cars ran over them.  Who would do that?

I've lived in this house for more than twelve years now, and I have learned that until you actually take special time to pay special attention to your house, you really don't have an investment.

I did the credit card thing so long, i bankrupted us.  And guess what?  No one came along to bail us out.  We had to budget, live less extravagantly, buy only the things we really needed, and spend more time as a family.  I've learned that those were the times we remember most in this life.  We put puzzles together, we create good food, and we eat together now frequently.  I like that a lot.  Especially when my children cook, and take the time to prepare a meal.  That's something money can't buy.

Our front yard is now a clean slate to create.  Being the creative person that i am I pray to Father, through Jesus Christ my Lord, to make something grand.

Living to Write, and Writing to live, this is my something special.


No comments:

Sell Online with Confidence

Blog Archive